If you’re interested in teaching a class or holding an event, please contact us.
Lohan Temple Regular Classes – effective May 8, 2019
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm Desert Dharma Meditation Lead by Rev. Greg Pergament – A group of people gathering to practice Vipassana meditation, and to examine the correlations that exist between the 12 steps and Buddhist Dharma.
- 7:00pm – 8:30pm Spiritual Warrior Led by Rev. Fa Jun – The return of Spiritual Warrior where we will cover the essentials of spiritual practice by drawing from the Lohan Lineage of Buddhism, Taoism and Earth Centered indigenous traditions. Classes includes lecture, discussion and practice.
- 5:00pm-5:45pm Dzogchen Meditation Led by Rev. Fa Jun – Come experience the benefits of meditation in this weekly class, focusing on meditation from the Dzogchen tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. Emphasis is on developing your personal practice. There will be brief instructions, time for sitting practice and a short Q&A period.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism Led by Lama Jigme Rinpoche Abbot of Padma Rigdzin Ling Temple – Class will go through the Longchen Nyingthig Ngondro and explain the benefits of practice and how it benefits our body, speech and mind.
- 7:00pm-8:00pm Beginning Buddhism Led by Lopin Sangye who will draw from many lineages and will go over basic foundations of Buddhism, such as refuge, how to deal with your emotions and apply all the teachings and practices in your day to day life. Each topic will be gradually introduced over a period of time.
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm Vipassana Sangha Led by the Ven. Bhante Nawala Lakkana, a Theravadan Monk and member of the Kanduboda International Vipassana (Insight) Meditation Center of Sri Lanka. Please join our class if your interested in finding peace and happiness through mental cultivation. Mindfully breathing, Mindfully walking and loving kindness practice are taught in this class.
- 7:00pm – 8:30pm Discovering Your Path to Mind Awakening Led by Rev. Ivan – In this spiritual class we will discuss topics such as, awareness and consciousness, our current state of existence, reality and the big picture, freewill, Karma and reincarnation, who am I and what is my purpose, stress, relaxation and healing.
- (no classes scheduled)
- 3:00pm- 5:00pm The Buddha Path Teachings and practices drawn from The Buddha Path a meditation book written by H.E. Dzogchen Khenpo Choga Rinpoche, offering practical guidance for increasing peace and happiness in your everyday life.